Masters in Education in USA typically a one-year graduate program designed for educators who are seeking a job in administration, leadership or counseling. The program is available in the form of Masters of Education (M. Ed. ) Masters in Science of Education (M.S.Ed) Master of Arts education (M.A) in the best universities in USA.
USA hosts some of the world’s most highly regarded universities and colleges offering over 1800 education-related courses to select from. Masters in Education isn’t only focused on studies aimed to prepare future teachers for school However, subjects related to education and other inter-disciplinary programs are offered under M.Ed degrees.
- To be admitted to the Master of Education in USA International students have to pass the the GRE as well as English proficiency tests.
- The tuition cost of Master’s degrees in Education offered by US colleges is ranging from 20,000 USD up to 51,000 USD.
- For Indian students who are planning in pursuing M.Ed. in the USA the costs is estimated at between 14 Lakhs up to 34 Lakhs.
- The average wage in the educational field is 85,700 USD per year. (~62 LPA)
Top Universities for Masters in Education in USA
The colleges and universities of the United States are globally recognized and the majority appear onto the list of world rankings. The following is the top 10 institutions that are ranked by QS Top University rankings. QS Top University rankings, which provide Masters in Education.
|QS Subject Rankings 2020||Universities||Total Program Fees (USD)|
|#8||University of California, Berkeley||22,884|
|#11||University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)||63,898|
|#14||University of Wisconsin-Madison||53,072|
|#15||University of Michigan-Ann Arbor||49,182|
|#18||Michigan State University||56560|
Why should you study Masters in Education in USA?
The institutions within the USA that cater to Masters in Education rank among the top 50 according the worldwide rankings of QS.
- Around 1.1 million students from abroad go to America. USA.
- The salary that is earned following the completion of the Masters in education in the USA can be found between 44,200 USD between 151,000 and 44,200 USD.
- The pay of Masters in Education in USA graduates is subject to an increase of 8% within 15 months.
- In the field of education 51% of the workers working in the USA typically get an annual bonus of 3-5% per year.
- The hourly rate for studying for a Masters in Education is 44 USD.
Admissions in Masters in Education in USA
Students who wish to pursue an education master’s degree can pursue a degree of Masters in Education (M.Ed) or an Masters of Arts in Education (MA Ed). The applicant has the option of choosing from several specializations, including adult education and organizational Learning, Applied Linguistics, Comparative and International Education, Curriculum and Teaching, Early Childhood Education as well as Education Policy Elementary Education Gifted Education and Motor Learning and Music Education Psychology in Education and Special Education, among others. The programs are based on specific concentrations and the majority of degrees offer an intensive professional training program on a particular topic.
Students are able to make an application to apply for Masters in Education in USA via a single portal used by more than 450 universities. You can also apply via the official website of the university. It is suggested to begin planning your admissions 1.5 years prior to the time the start date in order to prepare arrangements for travel for the USA at the right time.
Applications for Masters in Education in US
The universities of the USA typically accept applications for admission for the fall and spring semesters. (Applications during the summer term are accepted by a few of the schools.)
- The autumn semester commences in August, and concludes in December.
- Spring semester Spring semester starts in January, and will end in May.
- It is the spring semesters start in June and finish in July.
- To be qualified for admission into Masters in Education in the USA applicants must be sure they possess a bachelor’s degree that has the averageof 3.0-3.5 or greater on the 4.0 scale equal to 80-89 percent.
- In addition, the schools who require GREscores generally require an score of at least 300.
- Additionally, you must satisfy the English tests requirements for language proficiency. The specific scores for universities are covered in the sections below.
Admission Requirements for M.Ed. in the USA
There are certain conditions that are common to nearly all universities. To be able to get into the university of their choice students must be sure to adhere to these guidelines.
- Applications for admission to USA universities
- The fee is non-refundable and payable upon application.
- Official transcripts of the academic year with English translations, and analyzed by an agency for credential evaluation like WES
- Scores of proficiency in English by the TOEFL IELTS, TOEFL, or any other scores that are equivalent
- Personal Statement that outlines the reason for choosing an Masters Education program as well as future goals and how the degree can assist to achieve those goals, etc.
- Letters of recommendation
- Standardized scores from tests to be studied in the USA mostly GRE
- Resume or CV
- A proof of having money to cover a whole year of living expenses.
- Copy of Passport
- Some universities may also allow the GMAT and/or Miller Analogies Test (MAT) instead of GRE scores..
- The requirement for healthcare insurance coverage to the USA must be mandatory.
English Language Requirements for Masters in Education in USA
For international students who do not possess English as their first or primary language you’ll be required to show evidence of your proficiency in English in order to be eligible for M.Ed in the USA. The minimum score required for exams accepted by the top universities that offer the program.
|University||Course Offered & Duration||Minimum Required Scores for TOEFL (iBT)||Minimum Required Scores for IELTS|
|Harvard University||Masters of Education (Ed.M.), 1 year||104||7.5|
|Stanford University||Master of Arts (M.A) in Education, 1 year||100||7.0|
|University of California, Berkeley||Masters of Education, 2 years||80||6.5|
|Columbia University||Master in Education– Instructional Technology and Media, 2 years||100||7.0|
|The University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)||Masters of Arts (M.A); Masters of Education, 2 years||87||7.0|
|University of Wisconsin-Madison||Master of Arts(M.A.) – Educational Leadership and Policy Analysis, 2 years||92||7.0|
|University of Michigan-Ann Arbor||Master of Arts (M.A) in Educational Studies; Masters of Science in Educational Studies, 2 years||88-100||6.5-7.0|
|Michigan State University||Master of Arts (M.A) in Higher, Adult and Lifelong Education, 2 years||79||6.5|
|Johns Hopkins University||Masters of Science (M.Sc) in Education, 1 year||100||7.0|
|Vanderbilt University||Master of education – Quantitative methods, 1 year||100||7.0|
Student Visa to USA
International applicants who are applying for admissions to Masters in Education in USA need an F-1 student visa to the USA. Students’ visa in the USA is the third most popular visa throughout the world, and has an approval rate of around 86 percent.
- Students must fill out with the SEVIS I-901 along with paying the fee of 200 USD.
- Documents that are needed are:
- Evidence of financial support to pay for their tuition in USA
- Fee for Visa application and receipt for payment of SEVIS fee
- Financial proof
- I-20 form, which was received from the university
- University admission offer
- A copy of the passport
The applicants will be required to show up to an interview for visas at an interview at the US Embassy of their country of residence.
Costs for studying Masters in Education in USA
The cost of studying at a university in America USA could leave huge holes in your pockets. Costs associated with studying for a Masters in Education in the USA comprise of pre-arrival expenses and tuition fees, program’s fees, as well as costs for living.
Pre-arrival Costs to USA
The costs for pre-arrival to USA comprise of the costs for applications and exam registrations, as well as visas, airfare, etc. The table below lists the estimated costs for pre-arrival to USA:
|Categories||Cost (in USD)|
|TOEFL Paper-Based Examination||171|
|VISA application cost||192|
Tuition Fee for Masters in Education in USA
For those who want to pursue a masters degree in education at US top institutions Some of the most affordable options are UC Berkeley, Johns-Hopkins University as well as The University of Wisconsin- Madison. The tuition charges for M.Ed in the USA are for Indian students.
|Universities||Total Program Fees (INR)|
|Harvard University||36.96 lakhs|
|Stanford University||37.37 lakhs|
|University of California, Berkeley||16.86 lakhs|
|Columbia University||60.10 lakhs|
|University of Wisconsin-Madison||39.12 lakhs|
|University of Michigan-Ann Arbor||36.25 lakhs|
|Michigan State University||41.69 lakhs|
|John-Hopkins University||17.53 lakhs|
|Vanderbilt University||28.42 lakhs|
Cost of Living in the USA
Living expenses is different dependent on the location you reside in and your standard of living. The cost of living in the USA can range from 2,500 up to 4000 dollars per month. The table below summarizes the estimated expenses that an international college student will need to who lives in USA.
|Expenses||Costs per month (in USD)|
|Books and Supplies||300-500|
Master’s in Education in the USA with scholarships
The process of completing a Masters in Education degree in the USA is expensive to the pockets. To help international students pay for the expenses and tuition fees universities provide several aid programs. They include scholarships, educational loans, or even work-study. There are numerous scholarships for students to study in the USA. A handful of scholarships for students to pursue Masters in Education in USA are listed below:
Students may be eligible for scholarship opportunities to pursue studies within the USA which are offered by various private organizations or organisations, or even by the government of the country in which they reside.
|Kay-Grant Group Scholarship||1,000 USD||Award duration is 1 year|
|Comindware Scholarship||4000 USD||Must be enrolled in an accredited university.|
|Fulbright Program||Varies||8,000 such scholarships are awarded|
|PEO International Peace Scholarship for Women||12,500 USD||Awarded to international women pursuing graduate programs in the USA|
|Innovation in Education Scholarships||500 USD||Awarded to international students who help society with their innovative and creative abilities|
|Forktip Women’s innovation Scholarship||Variable||International students in PG programs|
Scope of Masters in Education in the USA
The median salary in the area of education is 85700 USD per year and the price ranges between 36,500 and 10,99,000 dollars for the complete course. This means that it is definitely worthwhile. Students who are enrolled in the master’s degree in education could apply to a variety of jobs within the USA that are best for their particular job profile, ranging from a lecturer, professor or coach, advisor, and so on. to academic managers or specialist.
The wages earned from working in specific roles in the educational field are listed below.
|Specific Job Roles||Salary/year|
|Professor – Education||130,000 USD|
|Academic Manager||105,000 USD|
Pay and Salaries Different States of the US following M.Ed
The salary after completing Masters in Education in USA vary from state to state. The median annual salary following Masters in Education in USA are listed below:
|State||Average Annual Salary (in USD)|
A person who pursues the Ph.D. in Education can earn 23% more those who have an Masters Degree in education in the United States. Therefore, seeking a doctoral degree after completing the Master’s degree could be an option for some students.
Master of Education in the USA expands your perspective on the curriculum and continuous innovation. It’s both challenging and rewarding. The cost to study Masters at the level of Education within the United States is 36,500 – 109,000 USD, and the amount made is about 109,000 USD to 87,500 USD annually. This means that the ROI is very high, making Masters in Education a good study option for students who want to pursue their studies in another country to the USA.